Registration for the MPSSAA Winter Sports season at Crofton High School is now open. Please understand that we want to be as transparent as possible. With COVID metrics steadily rising in Anne Arundel County, we do anticipate starting our winter MPSSAA season virtually.
Here is the communication from the Office of Athletics at AACPS:
- The MPSSAA winter sport season is scheduled to run from December 7, 2020, through February 13, 2021.
- Please understand that AACPS opening registration for winter sports does not guarantee we will have in-person activities this season. Based on the current metrics in our county, we believe we may be starting the winter season virtually. While it is our goal to engage with student-athletes in-person, we want families to be aware of the reality that winter sports may start and or remain virtual throughout the season. Our level of involvement is contingent upon a collaborative effort between the school system and the Department of Health to monitor and evaluate COVID-19 health and safety metrics, including the case incidence rate (the average number of new cases per 100,000 residents over a seven-day period).
- Communication on the current status of our sports programs will come from the AACPS Office of Athletics in conjunction with the AACPS Communications Office. Schools will not make county-wide announcements on their own. They will provide status updates and information provided by the county to their coaches and communities as soon as it becomes available.
- Athletes who want to participate in the winter season are expected to register and begin attending sessions when the season starts (whether virtual or in-person). Attendance will be taken at all sessions.
- Crofton High School’s winter sports registration is open for student-athletes. Please register by Sunday, December 6 so that you are able to participate both virtually or in-person (when it is safe to do so). Student-athletes who are not registered by December 6 will not be able to participate in the winter season. Please make sure physical and COVID forms are uploaded to your Family ID registrations as well as your insurance card. Physical forms must be dated after June 1, 2020 to be accepted for this school year.
- To register please visit https://www.familyid.com/crofton-high-school.
All winter sports will meet at 4:00 pm on Monday, December 7, coaches will reach out with a Google Meet Code once registration closes. Please reach out to Jeff Martin, Athletic Director, with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.