Hello Crofton High School families,
With yesterday’s announcement from the AACPS Office of Athletics that high school athletics can return with a Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan, the administration and athletic staff at Crofton High School are extremely excited about having an opportunity to engage with student-athletes in person and on campus. While we transition to a return to high school athletics that may not feel “normal”, we will be following the MPSSAA approved “out of season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. Participation in our fall semester plan is voluntary and independent of the MPSSAA sponsored competitive seasons. Registration for out of season practices for fall sports begins on October 9. Students can register through October 15. Practices will begin on October 19.
Please see information below regarding dates for each season and registration on Family ID. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Jeff Martin, athletic director, at email@example.com.
Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan
AACPS Athletics looks forward to offering participation opportunities, a sense of school-community engagement, and social-emotional support to student-athletes across the county this semester. After more than six months since spring season practices and scrimmages abruptly ended last March, we are honored to safely re-engage with staff and students, both on our campuses and virtually. We are transitioning to a return to high school athletics in a way that may not feel “normal,” but that excites us to move forward. We will be following MPSSAA approved “out-of-season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to participate in these sessions. Participation in our fall semester plans is voluntary and independent of the MPSSAA-sponsored, competitive seasons. We look forward to safely welcoming students back to AACPS Athletics!
Our county goal is to accommodate every student who successfully registers with their school. Each coaching staff will facilitate two groups of 50 (or 100 total). The exception is football, where up to 3 groups (or 150 total) will be accommodated.
In the event more than 100 students register for a sport (or 150 for football), schools may work with coaches to add sessions (if feasible).
Fall Sports – October 19th through November 14th
Registration on Family ID opens by October 9 and closes at 5 pm October 15th
Spring Sports – November 16th through December 19th
Registration opens on Family ID by November 6th and closes at 5pm on November 12th
Winter Sports – January 4th through January 30th
Registration opens on Family ID by December 15th and closes at 5pm on December 22nd
What each athlete needs to complete to be able to participate in athletic practices during each season.
2. Upload a physical dated after 6/1/2020
3. Upload the Covid 19 Questionnaire in the same section as the physical form.
4. Upload your medical insurance card – If you don’t have medical insurance, you can purchase insurance through K&K Insurance – K&K Insurance Information.
5. Contact Athletic Director, Jeff Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have registered on Family ID and you have decided you are not going to participate in the Fall Practice sessions.
6. Schedules for fall sports practices will be shared in the next few days.
7. To read the entire article and learn more about the AACPS Re-opening Plan, visit AACPS Re-opening Plan for more information.
8. If you are in need of a physical, please see below for places in Anne Arundel County that can accommodate you.
- AFC Urgent Care –online coupon for $35 sports physical. No appointment needed
3059 Solomons Island Rd STE F-2, Edgewater- 410-956-3394
- WiseCare Urget Care- No appointment needed $50 and will need immunization records 485 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park- 410-255-7900
33 Magothy Beach Rd Suites 102-103, Pasadena- 410-255-7900
- Priority Care Urgent Medical Care- No Appointment Needed $35550 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park- 443-242-2200
- West Street Medical Annapolis Urgent Care- No Appointment needed. Sports Physicals $8579 West St, Annapolis- 410-268-3627
- Patient First No Appointment needed Sports Physicals $498105 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena- 443-573-0564
2051 West St, Annapolis-443-603-0758
1110 Annapolis Rd, Odenton- 443-351-3917
7116 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie- 443-577-0277
- Express Care- No appointment needed $25 (minor) $145 for anyone 18 or over5400 Ritchie Highway, Brooklyn Park- 443-457-6694
- Righttime Medical Urgent Care- No appointment needed2114 Generals Highway, Annapolis- 888-808-6483
2401 Brandermill Blvd, Gambrills
8125-H Ritchie Highway, Pasadena
7698 Dorchester Blvd, Hanover